Monday, April 6, 2009

Exciting Announcement for the Port of Albany

I am proud to announce that, last Thursday, we broke ground on a $7.6 million construction project at the Port of Albany, which will replace more than 500 feet of the Port's aging wharf system. This project will be completed by C.D. Perry & Sons of Troy, NY, and is a good opportunity to bring jobs to the Capital District.

The Port of Albany was first built in the late 1920's and, over the years, the timber piles and supporting structures of the Port have become quite antiquated. The aging of the Port has come at a time when business has been booming - tonnage is up, longshore labor hours have increased, and last year, the Port recorded the highest revenue in its history.

The official announcement of this project was made last week during a press conference at the Port of Albany, and I am excited to be able to share this news with you. This project will put both the Port and the City of Albany in an excellent position for continued growth, and I look forward to the future economic impact this will have on our Capital City.

2 comments:

  1. A commented I posted at the mayor's blog did not appear. I said this:

    Good luck with the blogging. I am curious why you say you want interaction here, while my phone calls and letters were ignored by your office.

    Kate

    When that comment did not appear, I made this comment at 9:18 this morning (which so far has not been posted):

    Mayor,

    You did not post the comment I made yesterday. I copied it so I could refer back to it if needed. I said this:

    Good luck with the blogging. I am curious why you say you want interaction here, while my phone calls and letters were ignored by your office.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog made a difference. After I posted it here, it posted there. Not the first one, but the second one asking where it was.

    ReplyDelete